FINALS ARE OVER!!!! This semester was a doozy guys; I am so stoked to be done with school for a couple weeks! Here’s just a little update on our happenings over the last few/next few weeks:
- We just got back from a cruise to Cozumel, Mexico! It was so beautiful. Mason and I explored the island with one of his little brothers, and I would love to go back one day! We had a blast hanging out with is family on the boat, and now it’s time for us to work off everything we ate over the last 4 days…
- We are moving… again! Neither Mason nor I have lived in one apartment for more than 4 months in two years… I am hoping that we end up staying in this apartment for at least 8 months. (If you don't believe me, see here and here)
- This week is our first anniversary!!!!!!!!! I know one year of marriage isn’t like a huge feat, but I am really excited! We have done so much in the last year and I think it’s fun that we get to celebrate our anniversary at the end of the year because it’s naturally a time of reflection, so reflecting over each year will be a reflection of another year of marriage. We want to do a mini vacation every year for our anniversary because we really like traveling (in case that wasn’t obvious before), so Mason planned a mini stay-cation for 3 days in the city while we are in Austin. I am so excited!
- We made a new instagram, so if you want to follow our hip instagram, it’s @brokeglobetrotters because we are broke… but we’re a little broke because we do a little globetrotting… It’s kind of a double edged sword and we LOVE IT.
- Christmas, duh. We were in Cozumel for Christmas Eve, which was super fun! It was a different kind of Christmas than any of us were used to, but it was so relaxing and beautiful!
- Mason has been super busy with work and it has been totally fantastic! I love being able to watch him create content for other people because he is just so passionate about what he is doing. If you need a website, here’s his portfolio: slademarketing.com
- So, I don’t believe in New Year’s resolutions because I never accomplish them, and I just don’t understand the concept of setting a goal, giving up a month later, then waiting 11 months to set and fail at the same goal. I was thinking about doing a bucket list for the year though and putting it up somewhere in our apartment and updating it every time we check something off. What do you guys think about that?
Anyways, happy holidays to everyone! We celebrate Christmas, so merry Christmas too 🙂